Sunday, September 26, 2010

Let's Make Memories : Music

Do You Remember The First Time You Heard A Song? Remember Where You Were? What You Were Wearing? Whose Dick Was Grinding Into Your Ass? No Of Course Not You Never Saw His Face Or Caught His Name But He Still Texts You Every 3 Months Under The Name "Denim Dick Guy"



Well This Song I Was At Southside. My Friend Alexandra Was Djing At The Time And She'd Always Knew Of New Artist Before I Did And Love Her Taste. I Think It Might Have Even Been Back When Southside Was Called Martignetti's After The Owner Anthony. He Still Owns The Establishment And Q My Favorite Bouncer Is Still My Big Chocolate.

This Song Reminds Me Of Innocent Times. Russian Czars Paintings Covering The Walls, Vintage Library Books, Exposed Brick Walls And Family. I Miss Martignetti's. You Knew Your Friends Were Drunk There Whenever You Received A Text At 2:50 AM "Hey I'm At Marg And Eddies It's Crazy" After It Became Southside It Lost It's Family Feel For Me. You'd Get Texts At 1:00 Am "At Southside. Someone Stole My Jacket And I Just Got Yelled At For Smoking! Who IS This DJ Anyway"
Crazy UES Girl Making Out W/ On Thanksgiving Eve
But This Song "Time To Pretend" By MGMT Really Brings Me Back To A Place I Miss. A Place Where All The Bartenders Knew My Drink Combo, The DJ's Let Me Stand In The Booth And Talk About Their Week And The Only Bad Thing About Smoking Was The Cancer. Sure I'll Go Back But When I Approach The Main Dance Floor I Feel Lost. Luckily I Can Always Go To The Bathroom, (The Only Place That Has Cell Service In  There) And Reminisce About My Teens.
Russian Book End That Some How Ended Up In My Bag

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that hair cut was so androgenous. and, i'm sorry, but cell service is not the reason the bathroom feels like home, just saying.